Do you sometimes feel as if your relationship feels way too suffocating? Ever had those moments where you start to doubt your own sanity? Well, there’s no need for you to keep it to yourself anymore because you are not alone. And we are here to help you out. Today, we’ll help you step out of your shell and into a MENO-mate life full of joy and happiness.
In this week’s podcast episode, I talk with Amy Perras, a high school teacher, and life coach. We talk about narcissistic relationships and how they can affect the way you live your life. We also talk about how by having negative thoughts and beliefs, we create our own demons that we have a hard time grappling with.
In our discussion, we also talk about the definition of gaslighting and how narcissistic behavior can lead to stress and infertility.
Start living the life that you want by listening to this episode now.
• Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones: https://www.drmichellegordon.com/podcasts/
• Connect with me on Instagram @drmichellegordon
• Follow me on Facebook
• Join in on the next beta group:
• Visit Amy Perras’ website
• Subscribe to her YouTube channel
• Listen to her podcast ‘Ain’t Gonna Be No Stupid’: Apple Podcast
• Follow her on Instagram @aintgonnabenostupid
Books mentioned in this episode:
• Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda (https://amzn.to/30Ba8ol)
• Becoming Supernatural by Joe Dispenza (https://amzn.to/32Yu1IT)
• Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Joe Dispenza (https://amzn.to/39leZh9)
• The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda (https://amzn.to/32LdUOp)
• The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran (https://amzn.to/2CEtyAD)
• A Course in Miracles by Foundation for Inner Peace (https://amzn.to/39lN0Ot)
• Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and John Townsend (https://amzn.to/3jzxuTK)
• Ain’t Gonna Be No Stupid Woman by Amy Perras (https://amzn.to/3hrgv49)
• Alphabet Versus the Goddess by Leonard Shlain (https://amzn.to/32LukGH)
• Ten Lies the Church Tells Women by J Lee Grady (https://amzn.to/3htqAxw)
What’s discussed in this Episode
[3:27] Why Amy took the path she chose
[4:21] Living with narcissists
[5:26] Craving for motherly love
[7:32] Unraveling that metaphorical cage
[10:09] How subconscious programming affects your decisions
[12:23] What is ‘situation-ship’?
[12:56] How Amy’s childhood affected how she perceived relationships
[14:34] Christian views on sexual relationships
[17:21] We separate ourselves from God by creating our own hell
[18:49] Miracles happen from a change in our brain
[20:04] The very first spirituality was yoga
[22:40] The Holy Spirit is the embodiment of the higher self
[24:22] Spiritual practice is whatever you make of it
[25:16] Narcissism is putting yourself in the middle of everything
[29:39] What is gaslighting?
[33:19] How to deal with narcissists
[35:38] A healthy relationship has to do with listening and boundaries
[38:37] Our thoughts become our reality
[41:30] Ain’t gonna be no stupid woman
[42:47] Over-functioning defined
[44:12] Patriarchy has everything to do with over-functioning
[49:09] The Word of God has been filtered through the imperfect mind of men
[51:34] The Big Bang Theory and the Word of God
[53:25] How to get out of a narcissistic relationship
[55:33] The link between stress and infertility
[56:20] The key to recovering from a narcissistic relationship is to forgive
[57:33] When a relationship doesn’t feel healthy, breathe
About the Guest
Amy Perras is the author of the bestselling book ‘Ain’t Gonna Be No Stupid Woman.’ She is a certified life coach who helps women get out of narcissistic relationships. During the day, she is an English & Speech Teacher.
She believes in women empowerment and is dedicated to helping people find their purpose in life.
Connect with me on LinkedIn. For more podcast episodes, you may also visit my website. Tune in and subscribe to The Menopause Movement Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher.
If you have any questions, thoughts, or ideas, you can share them with me at email@example.com. You may also join our online community at Menopause Movement with Dr. Michelle Gordon.
I hope you enjoyed this podcast, and I hope you will take action to look and be your best self. Thanks for listening!