When is the best time to get started?
I’d say, “Anytime.”
There’s not ever a time when you’re too late.
And retirement doesn’t have to end your passion…
In fact, it can give you the freedom to do another great thing.
For me, it was a time to create my podcast and help women in menopause.
Some people prepare for retirement by transitioning slowly…
Either they enjoy new hobbies or spend more time with friends…
Some even consider part-time retirement by working for a few hours and making sure they could go traveling.
A very helpful question to ask ourselves when thinking about retirement is, “What are some of the things I really enjoy?”
And I think planning for your future is a form of self-love.
There’s nothing wrong with putting yourself first…
Or your personal finances.
Have you been putting off saving for retirement because you don’t believe you can save enough?
I can tell you right now that it’s possible to retire with millions of dollars if you just follow the right steps.
In today’s podcast episode, we ask financial coach, hotel owner, podcast host and independent life insurance producer with the Legacy Builder Group, Acquania Escarne to give us some tips.
Acquania started saving when she was 16 and is committed to helping people find financial freedom and build wealth.
During our interview, we talked about planning for retirement, when to start, PLUS:
– Planning as a form of self-love
– The definition of retirement
– How to gradually increase your savings
– How 1% can make a huge difference
– Defining emergencies and saving for them
– Leaving a legacy
Tune in to this episode today and know how you can ease your way into building your wealth before retirement.
• Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones https://www.menopausemovement.com/podcasts
• Connect with me on Instagram @drmichellegordon
• Follow me on Facebook
• Check out our course you can take in exchange for feedback and a video testimonial and avoid the application here https://www.menopausemovement.com/hormones
• Sign up for the challenge here https://www.menopausemovement.com/challenge
• Check out Acquania’s platform https://thepurposeofmoney.com/
• Reach out to Acquania through her social media channels
– Instagram https://www.instagram.com/thepurposeofmoney/
– Twitter https://twitter.com/purpose_money
– Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thepurposeofmoney
Books mentioned in this episode:
• The Latte Factor: Why You Don’t Have to Be Rich to Live Rich by David Bach and John David Mann https://amzn.to/3ubKuDg
• The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-step Plan to Live and Finish Rich by David Bach https://amzn.to/343WtZa
• Money Flows To Me Easily: Journal for Money Manifestation https://amzn.to/3ysHK7M
• The Alphabet vs. The Goddess https://amzn.to/2RBLJ1d
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
[0:00] Introduction & Offer
[4:14] When is the best time to start saving?
[5:39] Help yourself before you can help others
[8:27] Retirement doesn’t mean you’re not going to doing anything
[9:11] Money is not the root of all evil
[11:52] Getting started on your retirement saving
[14:45] Always save for an emergency
[17:20] How to change your mindset on money
[18:26] Identify what you consider as an emergency
[20:34] Legacy planning
[24:15] Who do you want to speak on your behalf?
[27:08] Ways to leave a legacy
[29:50] Transitioning to retirement
[32:36] Find a purpose during retirement
[36:30] Save for things that you value
[38:19] You need to do more than save
[41:23] Find an identity outside your business
[42:06] Evaluate your beliefs on money
[43:49] Strategize to make up for inequalities
About the Guest:
Acquania Escarne is a financial coach, hotel owner, podcast host, and independent life insurance producer with the Legacy Builder Group. She is committed to helping people find financial freedom and build wealth. As a financial coach, she equips her clients with “outside the box” finance tips, debt payment plans, retirement planning, and more. With her advice clients are able to meet and exceed their financial and personal goals. Her coaching is individually tailored to address all financial situations. Also, through her finance blog and podcast, The Purpose of Money, she shows women how to invest and save more so they can live a more fulfilling and prosperous life.