The effects of estrogen on the brain are so profound that when it drops, it can feel like all of it is suddenly gone instead of experiencing a slow decline.
Now the brain has to readjust while we go through the changes.
The sad thing for some however, is when they ask for help from a doctor they expect would have an answer… they would just be dismissed.
I experienced this too and I’m a doctor. I still remember telling my friends about my symptoms before and they just told me, “You just got to suffer through it.”
And that was ridiculous.
There’s no reason why we should have to suffer through anything or be told to get our uterus and ovaries removed (although it’s a different case if you’re diagnosed with cancer).
Part of the reason why the Menopause Movement exists is because we have women experiencing symptoms that can be treated.
There’s help available because your body matters.
In today’s podcast, we’re going to talk about getting perimenopause help where I’m joined with founder and CEO of Mighty, Jeanne Chung.
Jeanne combined her unique professional background with the passion to transform the status quo around women aging and menopause. She’s part analytical nerd with an engineering degree from University of Michigan and an MBA from MIT, which led her to management consulting and tech investment banking.
During the podcast we discuss Jeanne’s big career pivot to purpose after the .com bubble burst, her experience with menopause AND:
• Dismissive doctors
• The supplement that helped her the most and how she was inspired to design something that works
• The app her customers use to track symptoms and the effects of supplements.
• The Mighty supplement (the whole line)
• The importance of research and the fact that change takes time even when we’re taking a pill
Tune in today and find that one small and easy thing that you can do to start choosing yourself.
• Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones https://www.menopausemovement.com/blog
• Connect with me on Instagram @drmichellegordon
• Follow me on Facebook
• Join The Menopause Movement private group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/menopausemovement
• Sign up for the BETA Course: Understanding Your Hormones and Managing Your Menopause https://www.menopausemovement.com/betawait
• Get the supplement, head over to https://www.menopausemovement.com/mighty
• Visit the Mighty-Menopause website and check out the Wellness Data Service app https://mighty-menopause.com/
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
[4:38] Welcome, Jeanne!
[8:27] Menopause forces us to look at who we are
[11:01] Jeanne’s perimenopause journey
[15:32] How Jeanne started to handle the pain she was experiencing
[18:34] The Wellness Data Service app
[21:15] Behavior change
[23:03] Building a community matters
[23:43] The Mighty Formula
[28:31] Hysterectomies (Why and when you need to reconsider)
[36:35] When will results show when you start taking the Mighty Formula?
[39:29] How Jeanne conducted her research
About the Guest:
Jeanne Chung is the founder and CEO of MIGHTY. Jeanne combined her unique professional background with the passion to transform the status quo around women aging and menopause.
She’s part analytical nerd with an engineering degree from University of Michigan and an MBA from MIT, which led her to management consulting and tech investment banking. She is part hippy wellness entrepreneur, having practiced yoga, and taught over two decades. Owned and operated a chain of yoga studios that served nearly a million students, built and led a global yoga teacher training company that trained hundreds of yoga teachers from around the world.
Jeanne’s personal experience with perimenopause was such utter crap. So she decided to design her own supplement and develop MIGHTY. And since the beginning her vision extended beyond menopause because helping women through the menopause transition is more than just modernizing menopause. It’s about getting women through menopause so they can be radiant and vital as they age.