Fasting for me was always steeped in religion. I was raised Catholic, and I learned all about Jesus and his 40-day fast while he was being tempted. During my teenage years, I was kind of religious (I would fast trying to prove my loyalty to God).
As I went through medicine, I discovered that intermittent fasting can actually be helpful. In fact, we’re seeing more research on it than ever before and it’s more prevalent in the media.
One thing that I really love about doing intermittent fasting is it helps keep me in the present moment.
And we’ve had pretty good success in the Menopause Movement with women who tried it. Some of them dropped around 30-35 pounds.
If you’ve been thinking of trying intermittent fasting, this episode of The Best of The Menopause Movement Podcast is for you.
During the podcast I share some of the benefits of intermittent fasting PLUS:
– What you can consume during a fast when you’re uncomfortable with hunger
– The different types of intermittent fasting
– Why I don’t recommend a prolonged fast
Tune in today to find out more ways to love your body!
• Check my latest podcast or listen to the previous ones https://www.menopausemovement.com/podcast
• Connect with me on Instagram @drmichellegordon
• Follow me on Facebook
• Join The Menopause Movement private group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/menopausemovement
• Find out if the 28-Day MENO-Belly Challenge is right for you https://www.menopausemovement.com/challenge
What’s Discussed in This Episode:
[3:45] What is intermittent fasting?
[5:43] Types of fasting
[09:39] Tips for doing a fast for those with eating disorders
[13:03] The benefits of intermittent fasting