A lot of people give up when they experience major breaking points in their lives. For us women, pregnancy and menopause are two of the most challenging phases. We feel overwhelmed with what’s happening around us, and we can’t seem to know our purpose, especially when we experience intense mood swings and other depressing events.
During today’s episode, Makhosi Candiss Pitts shares her life-changing experience, from the difficulty of conception to dropping out of medical school to pursue a spiritual journey. She further shares how it helped her become who she is today. She also explains the concept of shamanism and how she was able to help others discover their purpose in life.
Furthermore, Tune in if you want to learn more about shamanism and the importance of your spirituality in guiding you to achieve your purpose in life.
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Makhosi Candiss Pitts graduated with degrees in business and marketing. While she was preparing for medical school, she was at the top 1% of consultations in a direct sales company before realizing that she does not feel any sense of fulfilment. This situation led her to her spiritual journey toward shamanism.
Spiritual Gifts and Purpose with Makhosi Candiss Pitts
Makhosi’s Hormonal Issues
• Makhosi was diagnosed with having polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
• It made her life difficult because she needed to take several pills and treatments. After she went off the pill, she got pregnant in two weeks.
The Effects of PCOS on Makhosi’s Pregnancy
• Makhosi says she was scheduled to undergo surgery to remove cysts on her ovaries.
• Before her surgery, she was asked to do a pregnancy test first.
• Her surgeon went up to her and told her that she was pregnant, and she said it was “some magical ovulation.”
• Her pregnancy with her son was challenging because she was still experiencing hormonal issues.
What is a Shaman?
• There is no cultural context to understand what a shaman is.
• The spiritual abilities and gifts are the “by-products” of being a shaman because anyone can possess these without being a shaman.
• A shaman’s role is to be a bridge between the physical and the spiritual planes.
• A shaman is born to become one, and there is no choice for them to decline.
Her Calling as a Shaman
• Doctors thought her spiritual experiences were rare illnesses. She was diagnosed with a bunch of different diseases.
• After she decided she was not going to medical school, her spiritual journey began.
Makhosi as the “Google Translate of Spirituality”
• Makhosi was more of a spiritual teacher in her healing practice, and she works with people of all backgrounds.
• One of her clients called her the “Google Translate of Spirituality” because she can translate spiritual concepts that can be applied in their lives in a way that they can understand.
How Spiritual Practice Makes a Difference
• The best spiritual practice is how we live our lives.
• Makhosi says the life we’re living is the physical manifestation of how we perceive our experiences.
Alignment with Our Purpose in Life
• Makhosi explained that we have to allow our perspective to shift.
• Spirits are always conveying messages through our personal experiences.
• At the end of the day, the higher self will always remind us to get back on track while the opportunity is still there
Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz
Finally, Follow Makhosi on her Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube. You can also check out her website, The Royal Shaman.
Also, If you have any questions, thoughts, or ideas, you can share them with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope today’s podcast inspired you to get back on track with aligning your life’s purpose. I trust you enjoyed it and took something valuable away. Thanks for listening!